Sunday 6 September 2009

Hello from the city of non-stop horning

I'm in Hanoi =D
and I'm in a culture shock!! haha =P

People here horn all the time when they are driving.
Seriously its a really noisy city!!
You can hear cars, motorbikes, buses, vans horn here horn there horn horn everywhere!!

Back in KL, you only get horned when you did quite a serious offence that irritates the other drivers, but here, people just horn for all reasons or no reasons!! Whether its to tell people to move away or to tell people i'm coming (as a warning) or maybe some horn just for the fun!! You don't even know who's horning who!! But you definitely will hear non-stop horning when you are on the streets!!

At first I get a shocked everytime I hear a horn (as in are they horning at me? what did I do??) Then after a while, I start to get irritated cause seriously there is no peace!! haha And then now I guess I have to just ignore all the hornings!!

Another thing is that Pho Bo (beef noodles) shops closes veryyyyyy early!! like 11.30am!! (That's not even lunch time yet!!) Apparently Pho Bo are eaten for breakfast instead of lunch!! So I haven't tried any beef noodles yet!! Cause all the recommended ones were closed when we were there for lunch!! We went to 3 different ones ok!! And its superrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hot walking around in Hanoi!! I think I've gotten a shade darker already!! =(

However, the food here are amazing =) So far so good!! Looking forward to more =D
It's only Day 1 today!!

Oh and my hotel room has got free internet and even comes with a pc!! =D So yeay!! Its really convenient eh!! Don't even need to bring your own laptop!! =D

ok nitez!! Gotta wake up early to eat Pho Bo tomorrow!! =P

3 comments:

Trini-Boi said...

Have fun... sweetie

It's Me said...

please go update the blog i wanna see, ok....and oso remember those links i sent u that day..

Princezz T said...

Trini-Boi, miss you... =P


It's me, chi sin ar!! haha you asking me to update my eshop here?? You come my house to shop la.... haha but thank you so much for your support =D *hugs*