Sunday 2 November 2008

Phuket Day 1: Patong

I booked an 8.20pm flight to Phuket so that I don't have to take leave. So was rushing like mad to the airport right after work only to find out at the check in counter that my flight is delayed to 11.55pm!!!!!! GGGGRRRRRRR!!!!! Worse is, at 9.30pm I received a sms from air asia that says "URGET!!! FLIGHT IS DELAYED!!!!" Excuse me, by 9.30pm and I still don't know that my 8.20pm flight is delayed???? DUH!!!!!!!! What kinda service is this?? better don't send la!!!! *ish*


Anyway, since we had a lot of time at LCCT, so we went for dinner at McD's. I wanted a double cheese burger and a piece of fried chicken and honeydrew wanted a fillet o' fish, a piece of fried chicken and an apple pie. But, we were told that fried chicken was sold out!!!! The stuff can sold out in McD's one meh???? Anyway, to please my cravings for fried chicken, I smartly ordered another Spicy Chicken McDeluxe since the meat is like fried chicken..... then when we were about to leave McD we saw people eating fried chicken, and honeydrew tempted me to order it and so we had a piece of fried chicken each!! And when we went inside the waiting lounge, we were given a McChicken each (as compensation for the flight delay)!!! So, between the 2 of us, we actually had 5 burgers, 2 fried chickens, 2 fries and one apple pie!! No wonder my friends say that I always gained weight when honeydrew is back!!


Anyway, back to Phuket. Oh btw, before I start I need to warn you that there will be a lot of MY vain shots *haha* Cause what to do, its only honeydrew and me... and since he bought a new SLR camera, he wanna play around with it and since there is a willing photographer, of course I will be the willing model =D.


So, we arrived Phuket at about midnight, checked in and sleep! haha







Our room at Amari Coral Beach Resort!







View from our room (the next morning). All the rooms in Amari also have got seaview!!




When we woke up the next day, we went for the hotel's buffet breakfast =D So many things to choose from =D





Breakfast area












All the things I had for breakfast =D















Around the hotel - Very beautiful!! =D




After walking around the hotel, went back to our room and get ready to go walk around patong area











Walking from our hotel to Patong area. Its about 15mins walk and a tuk tuk cost 200baht! So better walk around and take photos la.... keke






Shopping @ Patong =D



This shirt is damn funny!!!!! Cause everywhere you go, they will keep asking if you want a tuk tuk or a massage one!!!! So I told honeydrew to wear this shirt and point to them everytime they ask us.....



Random photos of me being a "model" kaka



One of the things that I enjoyed most in Phuket is eating those noodles sold at the roadside on a motorbike stall!! Veryyyyyyyyyyyyy YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D *slurp* and also cheap!! 50baht only =D Very big bowl and got a lot of liao one =D


The soup is damn damn damn tasty!!!




Us enjoying our noodles =D



After that, we walked around Patong and I did a bit of shopping and then we went for Thai Massage!! Feels soooooo good!! And the best part is, its only 200Baht for 1 hour!!! The only thing is I cannot stand it when the masseur massages my thigh especially my inner thigh!! I couldn't stop giggling!!! Honeydrew on the other hand can fall asleep and start snoring half way through the massage!! *oink* *oink* =P







Patong shopping area




The famous Patong Beach




After the massage, we went back t o our hotel to further explore the hotel’s private beach and the swimming pool!




Back at Amari Coral Beach Resort





Our hotel has got 2 swimming pools.


One of it is near the La Gritta Italian Restaurant.


It is said to be one of the most romantic restaurant in Phuket as the beach view is just soooooo breathtaking! Imagine eating there and watching the sunset...... ahhhhh......








The La Gritta Restaurant area



The view at the retaurant...... you say ahhhhhh....... or not?? *hehe*







Us, pretending to eat at the restaurant!! *haha* (I won't go to Phuket to eat Italian food la!! *haha* Like Austarlia like that meh..... I want Thai food!! *hehe*)




Then we went down to the beach to take some more photos.....

















After that, we went for a swim at the pool....








And then we went back to the room to shower and get ready for dinner! We are going to Baan Rim Pa for dinner!! =D According to Honeydrew's research, it is one of the best Thai Restaurant in Phuket!! We made reservations earlier and they actually send a driver to pick us up at our hotel to the restaurant!! =D











Taking some photos at our hotel’s lobby while waiting for our transport to Baan Rim Pa =D










Camwhoring with Honeydrew's SLR!! So difficult la need to use both hands to camwhore!!








Arrived at Baan Rim Pa =D







It's actually opened by a guai lou who married a thai woman because he wants people who visit Phuket to be able to have an experience of good authentic thai food!! And, the restaurant also won a lot of awards!! I think every year also it is the winner of the Thailand Tatler's "Thailand's Best Restaurant" Award!!





The view of the restaurant. Like La Gritta it is also facing the sea! We should have booked our dinner earlier and reached before the sunset, then we can have a better view!! Cause when we were there, its already dark! Cannot see much of the scenary!




The inside of the restaurant




Me & honeydrew =D






Thai Appetizers




Tom Yum Gong




Fruit Salad (Thai Style)




Pineapple fried rice




Duck Lychee Red Curry




Thai Green Curry



Pandan Chicken




Sticky Mango Rice YUMZ!!




Notice that the food portions are all small?? Cause we actually ordered a set that comes with a variety of dishes so we can sample more!! =D I think the food is really nice.... but not extraordinarily nice!! Haha If you know what I meant!! But the ambience and service is good!!






Photo at the restaurant before we leave =D






Us taking a tuk tuk back to Patong. (They only bring you there and you have to get your own transport back!!)



















We took a stroll at Patong's most happening area - Bangla Road






On the way back to the hotel, we passed by a white chair and since I am wearing white, so I wanted a photo with the white chair.... funnily another ang moh who is also wearing all white saw me taking a photo there and she wanted one as well!! *haha*




Phuket Day 1: Patong
Phuket Day 2: Patong to Surin
Phuket Day 3: Bye Bye Surin

4 comments:

accommodation in prague said...

You're so pretty..I like the view and the that you have posted...Looks like you enjoyed a lot..Thanks for sharing...

accommodation in prague said...

You're so pretty..I like the view and the food that you have posted...Looks like you enjoyed a lot..Thanks for sharing...

Phuket Hotels Thailand said...

Great photos!! Amari Coral Beach Resort is a very nice hotel & all the food look delicious. Phuket is a paradise place to relax.

Phuket Hotels Thailand said...

this is the jealous trip