Tuesday 11 November 2008

Phuket Day 2: Patong to Surin

The next morning, we got ready to go to the beach & the pool right after breakfast.



Me getting ready for breakfast!


My breakfast


Honeydrew's


Very nice view while having breakfast


The pool next to the breakfast area (different from the pool on the 1st day as the hotel has got 2 pools)


The view by the pool & breakfast area




Then we decided to walk to the jetty which is about a good 10minutes walk!!




Taking pictures on the way to the jetty





The jetty is really prettyyyyyyyyy..... white........ nice......... and the water is soooo clear that you can actually see fishes swimming!!












Lotsa vain photos on the jetty =P




You see the water is super clear!!




I actually decided to go for a dip but this honeydrew keep scaring me and keep repeating to me to be careful, that the steps are very slippery, the water is very deep, the water is very cold, there are a lot of fishes, be careful.... bla bla bla until in the end I chickened out and did not went down!


Instead, I had thai beer while waiting for honeydrew to go for a swim! (I think he didn't want me to go swim so that I can jaga his beloved camera for him!! kaka Is that so ar dear??)





Honeydrew swimming.....


After a while, I keep asking him to come up cause I got bored! =D


Playing with his camera and then I thought that this photo taken by me is really nice and hence I wanted one as well!!



This is the "copy cat" photo that honeydrew took..... so who is the better photographer eh??




Another vain shot before we go back to our hotel.....




Photo of our hotel taken from the jetty






Me playing by the beach..... but there are a lot of pebbles so it is quite pokey and painful to walk further!!



So we decided to just swim at the pool instead!!


Relaxing by the pool until its time to check out!



We then checked out but leave our luggage at the hotel because we decided to go to the patong area for another round of massage before we go to Suri Beach (cause Suri is not as happening as Patong, so we are not sure if they have any there)







A few more photos of the hotel before we leave!



On the way to Patong looking for the nearest massage place =D








After massage, we saw a noodle stall by the roadside and we had our late lunch =D The noodle is superrrrrrrrrrrr yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered the Mama Tom Yum instant noodle one..... and its damn good!!! Also asked him to put all the "liao" so you can see my noodles actually have a lot of stuff!! YUMZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the things I enjoyed most in Phuket is their road side noodles =D






Before leaving Patong, Honeydrew still wanna take more photos!! I have to keep waiting for him as he keeps on stopping to take photos!!






After that, we went to Surin Beach (which is about 30mins ride from Patong) and checked in to Courtyard Marriott at Surin Beach. We actually booked 2 nights at Amari Coral and 1 night at Courtyard Marriott at Patong Beach. However, 2 weeks before our check in date, the Patong Marriott actually called me to inform me that their hotel will not be opening in time on our arrival date. One of the reasons why we book a night at Marriott was because it is a new hotel and they are having an opening promo price and we wanted to try it out (It is Marriott anyway!). Hence, they actually offered us either a room in Courtyard Marriott at Surin Beach or Millenium Hotel at Patong Beach. We actually wanted to stay in Patong area but was not keen on the Millenium Hotel and hence we decided to try out the one in Surin (since it is also a new hotel). Marriott actually offered us a complimentary set dinner as compensation and I managed to get them to include a complimentary one way airport transfer from the hotel to the airport on our check-out. =D

I think it’s a good deal for the price we are paying – room + dinner + air port transfer!! and I'm sooooo glad that we chosen Surin Beach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely one of the nicest beach I have been to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Our room @ Courtyard Marriott (I think the room is nicer than Amari *hehe* but Amari hotel’s surrounding is nicer)


Plus they have got flat screen TV and DVD player in the room =D


However unlike Amari, we don't have a seaview. This is the view from our room. Just the pool view!



After checking in, we then decided to check out the beach. Unlike Amari, Courtyard Marriot doesn't have their own private beach for their hotel guests. We need to walk across the road to the beach. However, it’s only a short walk.





On the way to the beach! The sun is about to set!


At Surin Beach!! The sand is soooooooooooo fine and soft!!!!! Its like salt!!! *haha* Don't even have any stones or pebbles!!!! (Unlike the beach at Amari)



Plus the sunset was really beautiful!!!!!!!! Its so nice playing at the beach at sunset!! *It would have been more lomantik if honeydrew is playing with me instead of playing with his new love – his camera!!

















It’s a really beautiful sunset!!! Honeydrew was soooo busy taking photos while I just play at the beach but I'm so glad he took a lot of natural photos of me playing at the beach cause I think some of it turned out really nice =D As in its not photos of me posing and all...... but more of spontaneous shots that I didn't even know that he is taking (or else I would have pose already!! KAKA)




After that, we had our complimentary dinner at MoMo Cafe =D It was supposed to be a set dinner but then the waiter was so nice that he let us order from the ala carte =D He actually recomended us to have pizza as they serve nice firewood pizza there but then we wanted thai food instead =D (What is with italian food??? Why Australia also so many italian food and now thailand also so many!!)








Us @ the Momo Cafe



Italian Bread!! Haha
























We ordered soooo much food!!!! Tom Yum Gong, Green Curry Chicken, Stir fried chicken with cashew nuts - thai style, Thai steam fish with chilli, Pad Thai!!! I don't know how two of us can eat so much!!!!!


Then we were so glad that they have mango sticky rice cause we were looking for it but couldn't find it on the streets. Plus, the mango sticky rice at Momo Cafe is damn damn damn good!!!!!!!!!! The best I have tried!!!!! The rice is warm, soft and sticky!! Just the right amount of softness and stickiness!!!!!YUMZ YUMZ YUMZ its really damn good!!!!!












Can you imagine after all the food we ordered, we can still order 3 (THREE!!!!) desserts between the two of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted the movenpick ice cream and it is really nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the chocolate ice cream where they have real chocolates bits in it that melts in your mouth together with the ice cream!! YUMZ YUMZ YUMZ..... and Honeydrew wanted tiramisu..... which I think was alright only! *hehe*


After such a full dinner, we thought of going out for a walk to see what is around, but then it started raining and hence we went back to our room. Since there is a dvd player and I brought sex and the city dvd there, we ended up watching sex and the city. (That is also cause I watched it half way during my flight back from Australia and the plane landed before I could finish it!!! Right at the part where Big decided to not attend his own wedding!!!! And I was eager to finish it off since I didn't have time to previously!! But I guess it wasn't a good choice of movie cause honeydrew started snoring 15mins through the movie!!!! Since he fell asleep I fast forwarded it to the part I stopped and continued from there!! =D


Phuket Day 1: Patong
Phuket Day 2: Patong to Surin
Phuket Day 3: Bye Bye Surin

No comments: