Tuesday 13 November 2007

Chicago - The Musical

I studied in UK for 3 years and have been to London a lot of times but I have never watched a musical before. I always thought that it is boring and never had the interest to go for one feels that I did rather spend my $$ on shopping =) or food =)~ than for musical!! It's not cheap as well you know!! And for the tickets that I am given, my seat was actually quite good!! About 10 rows from the front =) *Thanks Dr Chow for the tickets!!*
I went to watch Chicago - The Musical with my Honeydrew last Saturday and due to the demonstration, it took me 1 hour and 45mins to reach KLCC from Sunway!! Can you believe that!! Everywhere is soooo jam!! Luckily I made it on time.

*Eh first time I have a photo with this dress =) look so pretty.... keke bought in HK Ladies Street one =) for less than RM30 =)

I think Chicago was quite nice!! (I did not watch the movie) but I think the story is quite similar. At least I did not fall asleep *ahem* *ahem* and it kept me entertained for more than 2 hours! It's about murder, bribery, adultery, fighting for fame and jealousy. Every character has their own intentions except for Amos. He is kind and naive but he is always taken advantage of by his wife and used by the lawyer. Everyone just ignores him and people don't even notice him but he brought humour to the musical where everyone else gets an exit music when they asked for one but because no one even notice him in the story, even the musicians ignored him when he asked for an exit music!! I found that quite funny!! haha

The Set up of the stage with jails as the story is about two main actress who are in jail for murder

The two main character

The Lawyer

The trial

All the casts

However, I don't really like their ending because I feel it is not a proper ending without any conclusions. The two main actress should have turned over a new leaf instead of killing all the other cast on stage!!

The final act on stage (killing the audience)

Anyway after the musical I went swimming at Val's place. Since I did my bet, me and Val planned to swim once a week. (We have been keeping our promise MOST of the weeks) We aim to swim about 50 laps each time. Her pool is not that big so 50 laps non stop is about 40mins for me. *btw, I haven't been to the gym for almost 3 weeks already!!!! =( Must start going again when honeydrew leaves!!* I am back to 50kg again!! =(((((((((((((((((( Must go on diet dy!! No more carbs!!!!!!!
After swimming we went for dinner at Nong & Jimmy. It's a thai seafood restaurant at Ampang. Their food is super nice!! Because everything is so nice we couldn't decide what NOT to order so we ended up ordering 8 dishes for the 5 of us!! And guess what?? We finished everything!!!! *No wonder I am so fat dy!!*

Look at all the yummy yummy food =)

They have this mini "yau char kuai" that you dip with kaya. It's really yummy!! For an alternative, you can eat it with the chili sauce given instead of the kaya...

We also ordered Fried La La Thai Style, Mango Kerabu, Tom Yum Soup, Thai Steam Fish, Thai Style Squid, Thai Style Crabs, Prawn Cake and their Special Fried Rice. All are nice but the one that deserves an extra mention is the Special Fried Rice, though it looks plain but it is very tasty!! I like the Mango Kerabu too and they put some crispy dried sotong on top *yummy* and the Thai Steam Fish's gravy is excellent!! So sour and spicy!! Prawn Cake is good and so is the squid and crabs!! I find the La La so so only and the Tom Yum Soup was a bit dissapointing. It used to be really good - sour and really spicy but now its a bit normal tasting.... nothing to shout about..... But the good thing was the bill came out to be about RM170 for so much food!!



After a satisfying dinner, we went back to Val's place and played mah jong!!

Look at hueyfarng!! So kiasu, scared people see her tiles so she covered it with her hands but still can be seen!! haha but then she is the sole winner for the night!!

No comments: