Wednesday 14 November 2007

The story of The Apartment & Ikea Meatballs

Last Sunday was pak tor day for me and Honeydrew =) I actually wanted to go to The Gardens *still haven't been yet!!* but he brought me to lunch at The Apartment @ The Curve instead.

I kinda like this restaurant because the food is ok and the ambiance is nice. The restaurant is like an apartment itself where there is a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, dining area, living room, study area and a patio.


You can even sleep on the bed while waiting for food *kaka*

He gets this natural talent of pretending to sleep so real probably because he really CAN sleep anywhere anytime!!

Me getting comfy =)

The Manager once told us that the menu selection is inspired by Jamie Oliver *I like him!!* We ordered Squid with Lychee as appetizer - The combination is quite unique and it actually taste nice!! The spongy squid and the soft and juicy lychee......



Then I ordered my grilled/baked steak with wild mushrooms and watercress. Its super delicious!! Its my favourite dish there!! The meat is soooo juicy and tender and full of flavour!! This is the second time I ordered back the same dish =)



Honeydrew ordered a duck pasta (fattening food) hehe *cause its carbs* - I think it taste ok lar.... *I still prefers my steak*




These are other food that I have ordered from my previous visits:



Steak Sandwich

Mussels

Seafood Pasta

Steak (Another type - I preferred the one I mentioned above)

Chicken in a bag

Pretty Cupcakes. Yuni got to know that they are selling this famous cupcakes and I brought her to The Apartment because of that!! It costs RM4 for one tiny cupcake!! It is actually much smaller than what you see here!!


Then after that we went over to Ikea cause I have wanted to go to Ikea for quite some time but no one to go with. I don't need to buy anything but I like to look at the mock show-rooms in Ikea and fantasize how I want my future dream house to be =) *and also to check out the pink furnitures that I have heard so much about*


When I go to Ikea, I almost always will stop by to eat their meatballs as well.... because I absolutely LOVE their meatballs *so yummy*..... However, just the other day, my friend told me this story *I do not know how true it is* Anyway, she told me that Ikea has stopped selling their meatballs!! She went to Ikea the week before and they told her is because they are changing the meatballs supplier *Why would they want to change supplier suddenly??* Then she told me that apparently she heard from someone who heard from someone *so that's why I don't know how accurate this info is* that they discontinued the meatballs because there is PORK inside!!!!!!!!!!!! But so many muslims have been eating these meatballs for so many years in Malaysia!! And if they say the Malaysia's meatball is halal then how come it taste exactly the same as the meatballs in Ikea around the world??

So, when I was at Ikea last Sunday, my Honeydrew asked if I wanted to eat meatballs and I told him its discontinued already!! Then he said never mind lets just go check it out!! And we even saw signs promoting the meatballs and next to the word meatballs they put the word (beef). YEAY!!!! that shows what my friend told me its not true!!! There are meatballs!!!! So we happily queued for the meatballs and along the way picked up this

and this
I got conned by its name. Everything princessy should be nice but not this cake!!! This cake doesn't suit its name!! Furthermore, its not pink!! *keke*


Ok anyway back to my meatballs story..... so we bought the meatballs and it looks exactly the same as what we used to eat but probably its a teeny weeny bit smaller in size, other than that there is no difference...... BUT when I took the first bite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It tasted H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!!!!!! This cannot be the meatballs that I have loved all these years!! It doesn't taste the same!! They probably did change supplier because it really did taste different!! Not just a bit of difference but you can tell its in a different world!!!! Probably the quality has decreased along with time cause I have not ate the Ikea meatballs for maybe a year plus?? But I really don't remember it tasting so bad!! THEN...... I saw this in the Ikea Recipe Book

That means originally it does have pork and beef in their meatballs...... So...... I think they probably did change the pork + beef meatballs to just beef.... that's why the taste is so different =) that's my verdict but I am not claiming that what I think is true!! =)






Anyway, I think these cute little pink chairs are absolutely adorable!!!

Talking bout adorable see what my Honeydrew took for me while at the Ikea Cafeteria =)

SOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEE =)

No comments: