Wednesday 2 January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008 =)

I celebrated New Year's Eve at Val's place. She had a BBQ party and I went over on Sunday to help her in preparing the stuff. We made Jello Shots!! You will need alcohols - Midori, Peach Vodka, some Lychee Alcohol, and some miniature vodkas. And also fruits - Midori will go with pineapples of course, then peach for the peach vodka and lychee for the lychee alcohol. Then you need some crystal jelly mix.... 50% alcohol mix with 50% water of the recommended amount of water. Then put the mixture into jelly moulds...... tada........


Easy peasy huh??? Or so you think!!!!!!! End up our jello shots did not set!!!!! =(((((((((( all our effort wasted!!!!!!!! =((((((((((( Put in the freezer the whole night also cannot set!!!!!! Probably cause the water didn't mixed with the alcohol........ So end up we pour all the jelly into a bowl of fruit punch... the bright side??? The fruit punch actually tasted nice with alcohol and fruits and jelly bits in it...... We even toasted with fruit punch when the clock strike 12!! =)


You see the two big bowl of punch?? That's what it became!!!


Anyway the BBQ was great!!!! Kudos to our cooks of the night!!

The food was excellent!! The lamb was the star of the night. It was marinated with a special sauce that Val and May Yee cooked on Sunday. So special that you need to cook the sauce to marinate the lamb!! YUMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY......

Besides food, the company was good as well.....

Me, Jolyn & Calvin

Me & Val - the great host =)

Me, Val, Tina and our fruit punch....

All the girls......

Me & Calvin, Mel & Little Natalie

The two chefs of the night finally having a chance to sit down and eat....

Because they were at the pit for most of the time, they were so hot and sweaty that they started daring each other to jump into the pool and the next minute both of them are stripped to their underwear and jumped into the pool!! Muahahahahaha =) I took their photo from the balcony of Val's place.... look like some obscene adultery photos!! God knows what the both of them are doing.... especially for the first pic *ish* *ish* *ish* hahahahaha 18SX!!!!

As new year draws closer, we got ready to watch the fireworks.....

Benji showing May Yee where to look for the fireworks =)

This is the view from Val's balcony.... with the twin towers and kl towers clearly at sight, you would thought that we will have the best view for fireworks!! But alas, the fireworks were to0 low from our view and the buildings are actually blocking the fireworks from klcc and kl towers...


We however, got a better view of the fireworks from the dataran merdeka side....

Us enjoying fireworks.... Can only see one of my eye...

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008!!!

I read from my sis's blog that new year resolution are for procrastinators who lack motivation and courage to chase their dreams......

But to me, resolution is setting goals and only work if you take action to achieve it.... New Year Resolution is planning ahead what you want to achieve in the coming year..... of course if you just say and not do it, then there is no point...... This is the first time I am making a serious New Year Resolution......

My New Year Resolution:

1. To read more books (Self help books like management, investment, finance, communication, biography of successful people) - So to anyone who wants to buy me presents, do buy me books!!! no more pinky or princessy stuff that are of no use (though I lovey those) but books are useful!! List of books that I want to read: "If life is a game, these are the rules" by Cherie Carter, "Management: Task, Responsibilities, Practices" by Peter Drucker, "The Organized Executive" by Stephanie Winston - Anyone have any books to recommend me?? =)

2. To make a decision on my MBA: where to do it? when to do it? is this the right choice at this moment?

3. NOT be late to work!!!!

4. Improve on my communication skills. Be more friendly and make/start conversation with people. Be nice to everyone even those that I don't care about.... =) Have a good relationship with everyone. SMILE =)

Actually, I went for this 3 days training called Making a Difference by Anas Zubedy and I feel that it really open up my eyes and mind to a lot of thing. It teaches me to see things from different perspective and also traits to learn to be successful at work and in life. The trainer is really funny and he put things into very simple examples that can easily be understood!! I felt that this training came just at the right time and it really make me want to change - change for the better =) Will share the lessons I learnt in this training when I have the time!! It's really one of the best training I have been too, probably cause I can relate to a lot of things/example that he uses. I have learnt a lot from the training and hopefully I will apply what I have learnt!!

Will be going for another training called Empower Lives this Saturday!!

I will stay motivated!!!!! No hangat hangat tahi ayam!!!!! I must achieve all my goals!!!!!

2008 will be great simply because I want it to be =)

4 comments:

stranger said...

self improvement shouldn't be dictated by dates.

oh, well!

anyway, happy new year!:)

cindy said...

ok i will ask way loon to recommend you some good books

Anonymous said...

yoooooooooooooor fireworks..this year i din c any...:( y u din invite me? and de food looked so good...and wow..adult photos..hahaha :P

love u princess tracia,
dramaqueen

Princezz T said...

eh stranger, i am not dictating by dates but i am setting goals of things to acheive this year lar!! LEBIH!!

cindy, yes yes pls ask ah pek to recommend me some good books!! I know he reads a lot!!

dramaqueen!! you commenting first time eh!! hehe =) yeah lar who ask ah beng to ffk last minute!! hehe yup yup the food was great!! but i am not the host lar how to invite u!! hehe love you too!!