Monday 21 January 2008

Princezz in the Kitchen

Do you know that it is such a rare occasion that I cook?? Don't get me wrong, I do like cooking and baking=) To be precise, I enjoy cooking and baking especially when it turn out nice and yummy!! =P

However, I have been cooking and baking quite a bit lately, and helping my Mimi in the kitchen here and there..... with the Christmas lunch where I made tiramisu and also the sides for the main, then cooking the yumilicious porridge for the detox.... oh talking bout the detox after a few days I can actually feel that my tummy is a bit smaller.... just a little bit but still am very happy bout it!! =) Will definitely make that porridge again cause its just so healthy and yummy!! =)

Anyway here are some unhealthy goodies that I have made......
Went to Bee's house to bake as the gang wanted to make some Chinese New Year goodies......

We made the 'bee hive' biscuit or Bodoh King called it 'Kuih Ros'. Different people called it a different name but I guess you all know what I am talking about. This is the first time I see and learn how to do this bee hive thingy and its actually quite fun!! =)

Recipe for the flour mixture is from our main chef Miss BeeLoon =) But I am the one stirring it =P add egg and sugar and then flour and santan, continue stirring and add in some water for desired thickness and lastly sprinkled sesame and mix again. Then that's the batter for the bee hive. Heat the oil and the mould. When the mould is hot, dip it into the batter and then quickly put into the hot oil. Leave it to fried for a while and when u lift up the mould the bee hive will drop out from the mould and continue frying to golden brown....... Then you will get the crispy and delicious bee hive =)





Then we made some butter cookies as well... Recipe from our main chef Miss Phealicia....
Add in butter, sugar and flour for the dough.... I am the one mixing the dough as well =) Then put dough inside the pipe and start making it into desired shapes.... This batch is done by me and I have some hearts and some alphabets of my name.... wanted to make a princezz crown but didn't come out like a crown!! haha =) Then we dip half of the butter cookies in chocolate sauce to make it look prettier..... But I actually prefer the taste of the cookie without the chocolate =) I prefer those that were a bit burnt as well!! haha don't know why but I just like the taste better =P





Besides baking, I cooked as well =) Made this impromptu dinner for my Mimi and bro =) Was grocery shopping with my Mimi and she asked what to eat for dinner and we decided to buy something to cook. We actually wanted to buy cod fish but they weren't any so we settled for salmon. Mimi didn't know how to make it so I suggested to just fry it with butter.... Then she said ok lar why not i make dinner tonight and I agreed =)
So I was thinking how should I cook the salmon and end up I grilled the salmon in the oven. I added a bit of salt to the salmon and brush butter on it. I also added chunks of garlic on to for taste. Then I grilled it (I actually put the oven to bake instead of grilled and only realised it when it was almost done and hence the fish weren't as brown as its supposed to be). I then added a piece of bacon on top of the salmon and grilled until the bacon is cooked. Serve and squeeze some lemon juice on it..... YUMM.... However my mum thinks its a bit bland cause I didn't want to put too much salt but to me its ok....


Oh and due to popular demand, *hehe* I made the potatoes again when my mum made steak for lunch on Sunday again =) The dressing for the potatoes is a mixture or yogurt and mayonnaise with a dash of pepper, salt and some spices.... and serve with crispy bacon bits on top. =) I also made those mushrooms =) fried it with garlic and onions... yummm yummm yummm....

Cooking is fun =) hehe but not washing up.... =P
Looking forward to do more cooking in 2008!! =)

No comments: