Monday 11 August 2008

DainTi Hill

Went to DainTi Hill with my mimi and bro (a month back). They are actually having 50% discounts off the total bill for Citibank Credit Card Holder until end of Sept!! Very worth it lor!! BUT, when I went again last weekend, the promotion is only valid for Mon - Thurs!! *ISH* Felt so cheated lar!!!! Cause its not written in the brochures and the last time I went, it was on a weekend and the discount was given. Now they say only Mon - Thurs!! Anyhow, if you have got Dot Red card, then you will get 30% discount any day til end of Dec 08! Not sure if they will change their mind half way through the promotion period and say Mon - Thurs again like the Citibank promotion!!

DanTi Hill in Pavilion, is a chinese and japanese fusion food restaurant. It is actually a branch originated from China. The ambiance is really nice and they have comfortable sofa seats.





When I went with my Mimi and bro we ordered 6 dishes and a bowl of noodles plus 2 desserts for the 3 of us!! Was really quite full..... and the bill after 50% discount is bout RM80. So with the discount, it is quite worth it..... and I liked everything that we ordered that day!! =D (except for the sushi roll)



Noodles with beef slices that comes with a kimchi side dish. The noodles and soup is quite nice but I don't like the corn and taugeh in it =P



Cheese baked escargots =D YUMM!!! I like it and best of all is that you don't need to dig it out of the shell cause it is served without its shell!!



Yummy Yummy escargots =D



Prawn skewers in bamboo pot. The prawns are de-shelled and are marinated in a sweet and tangy sauce. YUMMY as well =D



Unagi Sushi roll with cheese sauce. Didn't quite like this one though.... cause too much rice and too little fillings!! Can't really taste the cheese also!!



Deep fried chicken with honey mustard sauce. I LOVEY this dish!! Chicken is crispy but not dry and the sauce just goes really well with it =D




Pan fried beef (with a chunk of melted butter) - I lovey this dish too cause the beef is so juicy and tender.... YUMZZZ.....


Mango Ice and Red Bean Ice for desserts. We ordered it together with the main meal and it came together with the meal. It was all melted when we were half way through our meal and have to rescue these two ice desserts before they start dripping all over. So next time, only order your desserts after your meal!!




Me & my Mimi =D





Last weekend I went again with Val, HF and YL. We purposely went there to enjoy the 50% Citibank discount but were told even before we enter the restaurant that the discount is only valid from Mon - Thurs!! I think they must have encounter a lot of complaints that it was not written anywhere in the brochure and hence they cleverly tell their customers even before they enter!! And I don't think it’s a typo in the brochure or what lor..... I think they must have changed their mind on the promotion half way through it!! Don't honour their words!! *ish* But since we came all the way to Pavilion, we decided to still eat there..... plus, I have the Dot Red Card and its 30% discount!! =D better than no discount *kaka*



YL again, didn't wanna share food with us and ordered a bowl of noodles for himself!!


"GUI FEI" Chicken Noodles ordered by YL - Tasted the soup and I think that its quite nice but YL thinks that it is OK only....



The 3 of us ordered a few dishes to share =D I love sharing cause then we can try different varieties!!



Chicken Rice with raw egg – Taste quite nice but nothing special... something like oyako don



Grilled Eel in Special Sauce - Think this was so so only.... I don't like those flakes on top!! YUCKS....




Mixed Seafood Soup in a paper bowl - This is alright.... Tomato-ish and sourish seafood soup (They also have another type of paper bowl soup which is chicken and mushroom soup which I like more!!)



Again I had the fried chicken in honey mustard sauce but some how it wasn't as nice as the one I had previously!!



Val, Me & HF =D



We then ordered desserts =D (Smart dy order desserts after meal)



Hot Fragrant Yam Sago - This is quite yummy.... Sago is kept warm by the tea light. Also have some black glutinous rice in the yam sago.... And it’s not too sweet =D



Ice cream with green tea sauce and red bean and mashed pumpkin at the bottom. I quite like this!! Yummy Yummy.... I love the mashed pumpkin!!




Black Sesame Glutinous Rice Ball with Vanila Ice Cream - The glutinous rice ball is ok only. Its not soft and chewy enough but a bit hard instead. The black sesame inside is quite nice though =D




All in all, I quite like the place.... I find their menu quite interesting and its especially worth it if you have got the 50% or 30% discount =P However, I prefer the food I ordered when I went with my mimi and bro more than those ordered last weekend.... Again like a lot of places that I like, I tend to stick to a few favourite dishes and always order those same few dishes every time I go there. I can foresee this will be one such place for me =D


2 comments:

It's Me said...

err...the sushi roll not nice meh??...but when i had it that time was awesome....maybe after so many months their standard dropped...hehehehe....

Princezz T said...

apa it's me?? why change dy??
i dont quite like the roll cause i think its too much rice and too little 'liao' and i dont like to eat rice one ma.... hehe.... not that it tasted bad la.....