Monday 21 April 2008

Addicted to cupcakes =)

Cupcakes are addictive!! I think I have gotten this "virus" from my sis Yuni!! It's really very fun making cupcakes and it’s my new hobby!! =) I made green tea cheesecake cupcakes with meringue butter cream and chocolate cream cheese frosting!!


Opening my brand new mixer!! My first time using it and it made my cheesecake and frosting really nice =) *hearts* I shall follow my sis's housemate Stephanie and give my mixer a "cool" name!! Shall call it Krystina after the name of the author of the book "Crazy about cupcakes"! So my Krystina is really cool!! =P By the way, Stephanie actually called her new oven Andrew!! And that's my Honeydrew's name!!!!!!!!!! ishhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!




Then I even drove allllll the way to Bandar Puteri Puchong to buy stuff to deco my cupcakes!! There is this huge shop that sells everything you need for baking!! (It's the corner shop same row as Bumbu Bali) I also bought those piping bag nozzles in different sizes =D Now I can draw on my cupcakes =) Oh and guess what I found?? Rubber spatulas in baby pink!! =D




OK now to the serious part of making the cupcakes =) The ingredients needed....



First crushed the Oreo biscuits and add butter for the base. If you want to make it set, put in the fridge for 15 minutes. If you want it to be crispier then bake it for 5 minutes.




Then beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla essence together. Next add in the green tea powder to taste.




After that add in the eggs and the green tea cheesecake batter is ready =D YUMZZZZZZ




Pour batter into the cupcakes paper and bake for 15-20 minutes!





While waiting, prepare the meringue butter cream frosting. This is the first time I am doing this frosting and was worried that it will be too watery to shape. However thanks to the magic of Krystina's whipping the frosting was excellent!! Fluffy, light and creamy enough, just the right texture!! =D




Then I made another frosting of a different colour - chocolate cream cheese frosting! I used the intense 70% cocoa chocolates that my sis bought for me in Germany. Melted it and add in to the cream cheese + sugar + butter batter.







And when the cupcakes are ready, cooled and chilled, I started decorating the cupcakes with the two frosting!! All these ideas were copied from either some blogs or random pictures form the internet. But some of it are my ideas =) I need a piping nozzle in a bigger size lar so that I can pipe those swirly frosting on top nicely like those you see in the shops!!

Just a thought, its nice to deco the cupcakes with frosting but I wonder will anyone really eat it all the frosting especially those with really big blob!! Usually for me, the first thing I do when I eat a creamy cake is to separate out the top frosting and just eat the cake!!

However, cupcakes without frosting are just plain old boring cupcakes!! So even though most frosting will end up wasted, I will still put frosting on my cupcakes!! =) Simply because it makes the cupcakes oh so pretty!! Just a note, I actually only added in about half of the recommended sugar in the recipes. So my cheesecake and frostings are not super sweet like those sold in the shops! Which I like better this way as I don’t like it too sweet =)







So how is my deco skills?? Improving eh?? Hehe =) It is really damn fun to deco the cupcakes but washing up is a totally different story!!! The nozzles and piping bags are all full of cream and when cream add with water...... gross.........

Anyway whats the verdict of my cupcakes?? Nice to see, nice to eat!! MUAHAHAHAH *self praise* But my Mimi gives me a thumbs up too!! =P You see I've got the picture as proof!! *kaka*




Packed some for my colleagues to try and will see what they say.........





Oh and I am making peanut butter cupcakes this Saturday!! YIPPIEEE!!!!! Hope it turns out well =)


Hhhhmmm.... with all these cupcaking I think its time for me to bring out Mr Six Packs!! Hehe





As you can see, its actually dusty because I haven't use it for a long long time!! I think I should start meeting Mr Six Packs every night before I sleep!!! That is if I am not too lazy........ kaka



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how much did u pay ur mimi to pose the "thumbs up"..?? hehehee...

yeah, looks very interesting & beautifullty decorated! i can't wait to taste ur peanut butter one on 10th may.

but remember ah, KURANG KURANG KURANG MANIS, please ;)

Princezz T said...

Monica u really MK lar!!
hehe
I am making peanut butter one this saturday lar!! 10th May Potluck I am making cheesecake as requested by Elisa!!

Eh my mimi do it because she really thinks its thumbs up k!! kakakakaka =P