Monday 7 April 2008

Elcerdo at Werner's Place

Elcerdo at Werner's Place is a Spanish restaurant that serves yummy yummy pork. Though I found that the menu has a bit of Spanish, German and Italian. Elcerdo means pig in Spanish and its not suprising that it only serves pork and also seafood. Their tag line - nose to tail eating is to describe that they cook every part of the piggy from it's nose to it's tail.


Elcerdo located at Changkat Bukit Bintang


This porkilicious place not only serves piggy as food, they also decorate the place with cute piggies decorations and paintings.

At the entrance, there is a piggy Mona Lisa which I find quite funny =D


Besides the yummy food and cute piggy decorations, the place also have a great ambiance and friendly waiters / waitress. The first time I was there, our table was a served by a really cute waiter =)

The ceiling is painted like a window looking through to clear blue sky and fluffy clouds.



OK lets move on to the yummy yummy food. The place is actually recommended to me by Val. My first time at Elcerdo was a double date with Val & YuLin =)

Val & Yu Lin

Honeydrew & I

For starters, we were served a complimentary soup of the day which is something like an oxtail soup but with pork instead of the ox. I don't know if its called pig tail soup *haha* We also ordered Boquerones, which is cod fish marinated in white wine and wrapped in bacons which was really really super yummy =)




For drinks, we had German Beer - Hoegaarden wheat beer. I am not a fan of beer but I think Hoegaarden is damn nice to drink =) Unlike the normal beer, it is smooth and not bitter at all.



When you are at Elcerdo, one thing that you must order is their Spanish Suckling Pig! It is superrrrrrr yummyyyyyy!! According to the waiter, the suckling pig is soaked in wine for 48hours before it is roasted to perfection where the skin is crispy and the meat is juicy and tender. Actually, to prove that the skin is so crispy and the meat is so tender, it is their tradition to use the plate to cut the suckling pig!! Yes!! you read correctly!! Use the plate to cut the suckling pig!! I couldn't imagine and its hard for me to believe when Val told me that, but its true... you can really cut the suckling pig with a plate =)






After cutting the suckling pig, you will be asked to break the plate in a bucket. In Spain, there is a tradition that breaking plates is for good luck. You make a wish and then break the plate. They actually put stones inside the bucket so that the plate will be broken easily once you throw it into the bucket, however, for some reason, my plate didn't break!!!!!! =( I have to throw it again for the second time!! Does this mean I won't have good luck?? =( *ish* *choy choy*



Then they will bring the suckling pig back into the kitchen to cut it nicely. I damn like the suckling pig lor.... Super yummy!! Even better than those chinese ones cause the pig is meatier and less fat too!! They serve the suckling pig with roast potatoes and salad.






Other yummy dishes that we ordered


Pork sausages and seafood paella. Paella is a spanish rice dish cooked in a pan.

Close up of the paella =)

Pork Tenderloin - Tender and full of taste =)



As for desserts, we ordered Werner's Special which is their special dessert. It is super super super yummy!!!!!! I don't exactly know what they put inside but I tasted strawberry, raspberry, some kind of cream, whipped cream, chocolates....etc..... The whole mixture and combination is super super super yummy!! Heaven!!


The super delicious Werner's Special Dessert =)


We also ordered Banana pancakes with chocolate ice cream =)





Then last Friday, I went to Elcerdo again. But with my family this time =) Coincidentally my uncle came down from Singapore and he too joined us for dinner.

Uncle PK and Mimi - Do they look like brother and sister?

Uncle PK with Mimi & Dad

Me & my bro



OK back to food =)

This time round, our complimentary soup of the day is potato soup with bacon and sausage chunks.



When you are at Elcerdo, you have to order the...... Suckling Pig!! =) And hence I ordered the suckling pig again but somehow, it wasn't as good as I remembered it to be (during the first time). But it was still good nontheless..... And the price has also gone up. I remembered the last time it was RM90 for half a piglet but now its RM110 for half a piglet!! *ish*




Anyway, when the suckling pig came, no one wanted to do the honour of cutting the suckling pig with the plate and hence me & Mimi cut it. The three shy man (My dad, uncle and bro) *MUAHAHAHA*





Other dishes that we ordered this time round

Pork Ribs - Yummy but not a lot of meat though....

Spagetthi Carbonara - My bro's favourite dish ever!! Everywhere we go, if they have carbonara in the menu he will definitely order it!!


We also had the paella



OK!! That's it... Looking forward to going there again for the third time!! *hehe* Highly recommended place to dine but do make bookings in advance to avoid disappointment as they are often full house =)


p/s: Since the place is quite dark, some photos are overly bright because of the flash!! I have already tried my best to edit =)


No comments: