Tuesday 3 June 2008

Abalone & Shark's fin

My sis, Ah Shan is back!! She hasn't been back since she started working..... though we did meet up in Hong Kong last year..... but she hasn't been home for 2 years!! To her, everything changed so much.... especially her room!! *kaka* cause us 3 sisters used to share a room but since both of them are overseas, its been conquered by ME and turned into a PINK room =D kakakakakaka and I conquered all their cupboard space as well.... kakakaka but anyway that's ok cause she literally did not bring any clothes home except for the two dresses that she is wearing to her friend's wedding and a pink dress for me =D Yeah the only clothes she has is the one she was wearing when she arrived at the airport..... not a single piece of clothing and not even underwear!!! She is planning to buy everything here so she can have more luggage space for her new stuff..... and in the mean time she will be wearing my clothes (if it fits her - of course not my underwear cause she has already bought new sets!!) *haha*




Since we all (my whole family) love to eat and we are greedy food lovers.... we have it all planned out what to eat and where to eat when she is back!! (which is only about a week!! and I am leaving to Taiwan on Thursday!! - ish such timing and coincidence!! Mimi only told me that she is back the same time I am flying off after I paid for the flight tickets to Taipei!!).

Anyway I was all geared up for all the food that I will be eating these 2 weeks while my sis is back, in Taiwan and when my honeydrew is back..... forget bout diet and weight...... *hehe* worry bout it later lar.....


On the day that my sis is back, we had abalone and shark’s fin for supper!! =D *hehe* My mimi's signature dish which she always make for the cny reunion dinner or when there are special guests.... but since my sis has not been celebrating cny at home for like 5 years.... so mimi made for her and of course we all get to eat as well =D





Yummy Yummy abalone - The bigger one is from Australia when my dad went to Brisbane last year and the smaller one is from Hong Kong when we went last year.....






Dried shark’s fin that my dad bought recently when he went to Sandakan *yes yes I know I am cruel =( but its really delicious lor*




This mini buddha jump over the wall actually takes 4-5 days to cook.... My mimi needs to boil the abalone in slow fire for a few hours everyday and also boil the sharksfin separately..... Then on that day itself double boil everything for few hours in chicken stock. Besides abalone and sharksfin, mimi also put fish maw, fish lips and dried scallops (but she forgotten all about the dried scallops this time *ish*)...... And the end result.... a pot of delicious buddha jump over the wall...... YUMZ YUMZ........





Big thick chunk of sharksfin =D






Then the next day, I had the most expensive lunch in my life (so far *kaka*). It’s a treat from my sis =D *Thank you thank you for the great lunch* We had lunch at Chef Rasa Sayang Sharksfin Restaurant or more commonly known as "Ah Soon Gor Sharksfin Restaurant".











First up is again mini buddha jump over the wall =D It costs RM110 per bowl... The shark’s fin was good but they use abalone from the can only..... Their version of mini buddha jumps over the wall have fresh and dried scallop, a crab claw and fish stomach.









Then next is the main star of our meal..... One big whole abalone for each of us!! =D~ The biggest abalone that I have eaten in my life (so far)!! Its African abalone and cost RM350 each!!! But seriously it is super super super yummy!!!!! =D~ Soft but not too soft, still have the chewy feeling when you bite on it...... damn good...... *salivates*





Photo with my sis, while we are enjoying our abalone =D





Big thick abalone.... YUMZ YUMZ =D





Just eating these two dishes were already quite filling. Next up we have crispy skin peking duck =D YUMZ again =D






The waitress slicing off the duck’s skin....





The skin is served and the meat is used to cook another dish.





The crispy duck skin is eaten with a popiah kinda wrap. First, spread some sauce on the popiah skin, then place the duck skin and a cucumber stick on top. Then wrap or roll it up and bite into it... yummy yummy......




Then the duck meat is cooked with noodles..... which tasted nice too.... but we were already too full to finish it..... so we tapau the left over noodles.......







And then we got complimentary desserts.... Coconut pudding which was yummy and refreshing =D






This is the best lunch ever =D


veryyyyyy satisfying......





Thank you Ah Shan!!!! =D

*Come back more often!!!!* KAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA



p/s: My honeydrew is coming back tomorrow!!! YIPPIEEE *Don't worry dear, I saved a bowl of my Mimi's buddha jump over the wall for you!!*

2 comments:

stranger said...

didn't leave for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

*sobs*

Princezz T said...

stranger, how to leave for you?? basi dy lar when u come back.... keke Eat again when u r back lor!! =D