Wednesday 18 June 2008

No wonder I am FAT!!

Looking back at the amount of food I had for the past few weeks.... I don't even dare to stand on the weighing scale!! =(((( Don't need to weigh also I know that I am getting fatter and fatter. Evidence being: My face is getting rounder in the photos... no matter how I try to tilt my head side ways my face is still round =(((( and my almost non-existent waist is becoming totally non-existent =(((((((( sigh....


This is just SOME of the food I ate since my sis and honeydrew is back..... You haven't even seen the amount of food I ate in Taiwan and in Ipoh. *GOSH*

I need to lose weight!!!! But I love my food tooooo much..... =D~



Anyway.... on the day my sis came back we had jap buffet at Daidomon. Have heard about Daidomon for quite some time but just hasn't gone around trying it and I finally did!! It's actually a branch from Japan that serves really good wagyu and kobe beef. But obviously the buffet menu doesn't include that. You can order it through ala carte. However, the buffet cost about RM99++ per pax and they are currently having promotion at RM69++ per pax.





Their buffet style is slightly different than the normal japanese buffet as half of the food are on display and half of it where you need to order from the buffet menu.



Shashimis, sushis and hand rolls



Ebi tempura





These two are beef sashimi. The top one is really really yummy... I think we had about 3-4 plates of that!! =D


fresh oysters grilled in butter....


Then you can also order various meat and seafood to grill on the grilling pan in the middle of the table.


I actually had higher expectation of the place since I heard quite some good comments about it. However I feel that the japanese food variety there are quite limited as compared to other japanese buffet and they emphasize more on the barbeque. I prefers japanese buffet to be pure japanese food.... this is also the same reason why I didn't quite like Jogoya Japanese buffet in Starhill. I still thinks Kampachi Japanese Buffet at Hotel Equatorial is still the most authentic japanese buffet.... =D





Had brunch with Mimi at Paddington House of Pancake the next day while waiting for my sis to do her mani and pedi in preparation for her friend's wedding. Paddington is my favourite pancake place =D I love to look at their menu... the selection is soooo wide you can't decide what to have. However, being me, I almost always ordered the same few pancakes as I totally looooove it!! =D My favourite pancake is the American Stacks.... Sweet or savory it’s still super yummy.... My all time favourite dish gotta be the American Stacks Full Monty. I don’t know why but I just love the combination of everything there with the gravy….

However this time I ordered American stacks with fresh strawberries, ice cream and honeycomb. *Super YUMMY*




We had a late lunch that day - the abalone lunch and hence we were too full to have dinner. Instead we opt to have desserts after walking around Pavilion. Went to this place called Dain Ti Hill. This place was actually introduced to me by GY when we had one of our meet up session. Kinda liked the place cause the menu is quite special.- fusion of jap and chinese. They actually have a lot of branches all over China. The ambiance of the place is very nice as well.



We ordered a mango ice and a red bean ice with ice cream and green tea toppings. The mango ice was really nice but the read bean one was so-so.




For one of the dinner I brought and treated my Mimi and sis to Kampachi at Pavilion. I think the food there is nice especially their makis and they are actually known for their hand made soba but my sis doesn't like soba. However though the food is yummy, the price is on the high side. The dinner was bout RM300 for the three of us.


Kampachi by Equatorial



Sashimi Shake



Unagi Avocado Temaki and California Temaki



Kampachi Maki



Rainbow Maki




Soft Kani Karaage (Fried Soft Shell Crab)


Gindara Saikyoyaki



Desserts we shared a Macha Ice Cream Special









Then the next day I took leave to fetch my Honeydrew from the airport. However, had lunch with my Mimi and sis at The Banquet at Bangsar Village 2 before rushing off to the airport. The Banquet is the sister company of Cafe Cafe, a romantic French Restaurant. However, The Banquet is more of fusion french and asian food.



Their concept is like eating your meal in an english garden =D


I had the lamb shank (which Cafe Cafe is known for)



Mimi had the butter fish which I wanted to order originally




My sis had the duck confit



Actually I wanted to order the butter fish but my Mimi wants that too so I ordered the lamb shank but my sis actually wanted to order that and so in the end she ordered the duck confit. This shows that we all liked to eat almost the same thing!! *haha*




After fetching my Honeydrew from the airport, we went straight to Segambut Seafood Noodles.... Yes, it is very yummy but I feel it is quite over priced!! I remembered the first time I had this noodle it was RM9 per bowl and now it is RM14 per bowl!! Honeydrew loves the curry one and I liked the tom yum one.... =D







Then for dinner, we actually wanted to go Ampang for Korean food but because of the stupid rise in petrol price, everywhere is super jam!! Waited for my bro to come home so that we can all go out for Korean food together but he only reached home almost 9pm!! Hence we had dinner at the bottom of our hill.... Restaurant Robson Heights!! HAHAHA But the food there is actually not bad!!









Then my Mimi prepared birds nest for desserts =D


Birds Nest that my dad bought from Sandakan

This is how my mum prepared the birds nest. She needs to separate out the bird's feather from the birds nest!! It takes her 3 days to ensure the bird’s nests are clean from feathers!! (See the black black things in the bowl are actually the swallows feathers!!



But when its cooked with rock sugar and red dates it turned into a super yummy dessert!! YUMZZZZZZ




I shall skip the food I ate in Taiwan (still sorting out my Taiwan photos) =D




Back from Taiwan, the first thing we had was Bak Kut Teh!! Honeydrew's cravings..... Went to the one in Imbi. Their yam rice is super nice and goes really well with the BKT....

I asked them to add in the needle mushrooms thats why you can see loads of it!! =D



As for dinner we had Hockkien Mee!! No pics cause I didn't bring my camera. But the Hockkien Mee in Jalan Loke Yew is my all time favourite Hockkien Mee place.... Super Super Super yummy!!! I lovey it to bits!! Actually I am a Hockkien Mee fan!! I loooove Hockkien Mee since young.... I remembered last time when I came back from UK during my summer holidays, the first thing I wanted to eat was Hockkien Mee =D




One of the lunch, we went to Kayu for Nasi Kandar (again Honeydrew's cravings). I think it’s so so only but Honeydrew thinks its heaven!! =S


I couldn't finish my rice and made it into a heart shape for Honeydrew.... =P




We also met up with Val, YL and HF at Ninja Jones. Honeydrew haven't had any jap food since he was back!! Hence we ordered quite a lot between the two of us....

Unagi Maki


Foie Gras - I loveyyyyyyy....



Wagyu beef set



Salmon Sashimi



Cod in Miso




See both of our round round face!!! Sigh.....




Oh and we finally did have Korean food at the Korean Restaurant in The Gardens (forgot what its called) and I didn't bring my camera!! The food was quite good. We ordered a plate with mixture of meat and seafood to barbeque. There were 3 types of beef, then chicken, prawn, and squid. The beef was really good... soooo juicy and tender. I prefer the plain one than the marinated beef as you can really taste the deliciousness of the beef without the marinate.... We also had ginseng chicken.... nothing beats the ginseng chicken I had in Korea though.... hehe. The food was nice... but it’s quite pricey... about RM300 for the both of us..... Still the Korean place at Mt Kiara that I always go whenever I want Korean food is most worth it..... Yummy at an affordable price =D



We also had asam laksa at the SS2 pasar malam. Oh and the night before Honeydrew flew off, at 11 something he suddenly feels like having nasi lemak as his last meal in malaysia before he goes back to TnT. Hence he drove all the way to town to eat nasi lemak at Nasi Lemak Antarabangsa. A famous place for nasi lemak. It's my first time there but I don't know why it is so famous!! *hehe* I think it tasted ok only.... Actually I think the nasi lemak stall in brickfields taste nicer!! KAKAKAKAKA



Anyhow.... I think its time for me to go on a diet.... before both my sis are back in july and aug!!

7 comments:

stranger said...

faster go diet!!!

(i still haven't lost what i gained the last time i went home. boo)

haha we have a month before i go home. :D

Princezz T said...

stranger, shit lar.... i wannna be slim for cindy's wedding lar!! *kaka* but with u 2 coming back and going to egypt sure gain weight one.... =(

Anonymous said...

then how....???????

i haven't even seen the dress cindy bought. i hope we can fit into it!

btw, u and honey-andrew look quite alike now ;) hehehheee.....

Anonymous said...

then how....???????

i haven't even seen the dress cindy bought. i hope we can fit into it!

btw, u and honey-andrew look quite alike now ;) hehehheee.....

Princezz T said...

monica... then i'll be a fat maid of honour lor =(((((((((((((((
*sob* I also haven't seen the dress lar!!

ISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! saying i look like him???????????????? ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I dun wanna be fatty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =((((((

It's Me said...

yeah, u look like him liao...not size lar...but the look arr...

Princezz T said...

nooooooooooo i dun wanna look like honeydrew........ =((((((((( i wanna be pretty..... not fatty erm... i meant handsome.... hehe =P