Monday 30 June 2008

Makan Makan at Ipoh

As if we have not ate enough, we went to Ipoh to eat some more on the weekend we came back from Taiwan!! *fat* *fat* =(





Went with Uncle and Aunty, sort of like a double date kaka =D We left kl at about 11am and stopped at Bidor for the famous duck noodles =D



Bidor duck noodles





We actually booked a house with 4 rooms that can sleep 9 people for only RM200!! Cheaaaaaap!! hehe Though it was only 4 of us, but its still very worth it!! And the house and rooms are very clean as well!! All the rooms are air conditioned, the living room also have astro and dvd player some more and the kitchen even have coffee, tea and biscuits provided for us!! Good deal!! Thanks to Val who recommended it to me =D


After checking in to our 'house' we went to Ipoh old town to get 'tau fu far' BUT it was all sold out already!!!!! =( It was only 5pm and they were supposed to only close at 7.30pm!!

So we went into one of the shops that sell a lot of local snacks and food and they have this freshly baked kaya puffs which is soooooooo YUMMY!!!! =D The pastry is really fluffy and it is still warm when we ate it!!



Yummy Yummy kaya puff



We wanted to have dinner at Pusing Seafood Restaurant (recommended by Val also) but didn't make any booking earlier so when we called to book, they were fully booked as they were having a wedding dinner that night. So we tried to slot ourselves in and the only available slot if for us to have our dinner at 6pm sharp and finish up before the wedding dinner starts!! The food was really good!!!! (I always trust Val’s recommendation!!) Especially the 'kon jin har' - dry fried prawn (don't know how to translate!!) *haha* but its super good I lovey it!!!!!!!!!!!



A photo with a card board of my name 'Miss Lee' cause I made the booking! =D



Me & honeydrew embarrassing the uncle and aunty by taking photo at the side of the stage with the wedding decos!! *haha*


The super yummy 'kon jin har' Really damn good!! Finger licking good (though I didn't use my fingers cause of my nails!!) *haha*



Steam fish



Salted egg crabs



I managed to eat crabs with chopsticks =D with the help of honeydrew of course!! *kaka*





After dinner we just went back to the house to chill. I actually brought my Wii along to Ipoh to play but when I opened up the box I realised that I didn't bring any games!! All honeydrew's fault!! He played the day before and left all the games on top of my tv and I didn't know. I thought everything was inside the box!! *ish* So we just rest and chill. Then at about 9pm we started to get hungry and attacked the salted chicken that we have bought earlier. Though its cold already but it still tasted quite nice =D



Poor salted chicken kena molested....



After attacking the salted chicken we were not satisfied and went for Ipoh's famous ‘nga choy kai’ - taugeh chicken =D Aunty said that was her best meal in Ipoh!! I think my best meal (besides the 'tau fu far' since its not a meal!) is the 'kon jin har'!



Camwhoring without make up while waiting for food =D

Taugeh Chicken




After an early supper, we went back to our house and played ginrami =D *YEAY* and I won!! kaka I think me and honeydrew were the winners that night =D We defeated the uncle and aunty!! MUAHAHAHA =D




Getting ready for gin!

I actually didn't have a passport this round that's why I am able to go set timer to take the photo and I just open up my tiles to pretend that I am playing!! *kaka*




We slept at about 3am! Sigh.... all my holidays are so tiring la!! I want a relaxing holiday that does nothing!! Just laze in a nice hotel room and use their facilities!! Where to go ar?? Somewhere that really got no sight seeing, no shopping =S and no nothing to do where I can sleep and wake up whatever time I want to and then go for a nice sumptuous buffet breakfast and then laze around again doing nothing and later on go for a relaxing spa!! *syiok* Cause if the place have all the sight seeing and shopping I will tend to go and do all the sight seeing and shopping!! If not I will feel wasted going all the way there and do nothing!! So where should I go for such a holiday ar?? *hehe*
<
Anyway, next morning we have to wake up early to fight with all the other crazy fellows who wake up so early for breakfast!! Literally fight to get a table.... *hehe* not really fight lar but just stand around the table and faster sit on it when the people leaves before someone else sits on it!! *kiasu*



We went to Sun Yuan Foong Restaurant for chee cheong fun but some how it wasn't as good as I remembered it to be!! Hhhhmmm.... why ar?? *sigh* a bit disappointed lor!! I want the yummy yummy chee cheong fun I had last time!! *hehe*



chee cheong fun that is not as yummy anymore but still tasted ok...



roast pork



char kuay teow


kaya toast



and Ipoh's famous white coffee =D


Happy happy so many things to eat!!




Then after that we went to Funny Mountain for the super yummy tau fu far!! Don't ask me why but that is the name of the shop!! They weren't even open yet and there was a few people waiting there already!!


The grand arrival of the super yummy tau fu far!! I LOVEYYYYYY!!



This is my must have every time I go to Ipoh!! I even tapau a lot home!! =D My Mimi loves it as well!!


Me & Aunty - Aunty so greedy lar eating 2 tau fu far at the same time!! *hehe*





Me enjoying my tau fu far while honeydrew finished his in less than a minute!!



After finally having a dose of my tau fu far we went to House of Mirror to tapau the caramel custard as well since it’s usually old out by lunch time! Then we went back to the house to rest and then pack our stuff and check out at about 1pm.



We then went for lunch at Kong Heng which is next to House of Mirror.


Pork Satay



Trying another chee cheong fun


Ipoh Koay Teow Soup =D Yumz



Curry Laksa



Me & Honeydrew



Me & Aunty



I realized I don't have any photo with Uncle!! Haha!! My only photo that has uncle in it is the one that we were playing ginrami!! And that photo also his head was being blocked by mine!! *kaka*



After lunch we left Ipoh. When we passed by the pamelo place, Aunty and Uncle were so shocked to see that the girls came out of their shop when our car passed by slowly!! They didn't know about this!! Hehe I remembered King was the one who showed that to me!! Haha!! Its really quite funny to see them rushing out when we passed by lor…. *hehe* But we did give them business ok!! Cause Aunty bought pamelo…. Hehe only aunty will do stuff like this – like buying pamelo!!





Me & aunty at one of the toilet break stop.

4 comments:

It's Me said...

ur honeydrew really macam sudah pump kasi besar macam baloon leh....heehehe...but he looks cute...

Princezz T said...

amanda!!! MUAHAHAHA

*dear if you read this please do something about it!!! See everyone also can see you gained weight!!*

Anonymous said...

There is a phenomenon called "Kembang Effect".
When u are at high altitude for
for too long, you tends to look like a baloon. Some call it the "Baloon Effect".

Princezz T said...

trini chiney, fat dy then just admit lor.... *hehe* so much excuses!!! no wonder won't lose weight la.... *ish* and not like you 24-7 also high altitude!! manyak excuse pulak!!