Thursday 19 June 2008

Taiwan Day 1: Arrival

My Taiwan Holiday started perfectly!! =D Our flight was at 2.20pm. We had dim sum with my family, say bye to my sis and then my mum dropped us at Sentral. We took the KLIA Express to KLIA and reached the airport at about 12.30pm. After checked in we went to the Coach at KLIA since they are having sales =D Remember the carly that I lovey?? Both the Coach Outlets at The Gardens and Pavilion also sold out on the second day of the sale.... but..... I found it in KLIA!!! That's because they did not put the carly on sale!! When I asked the manager how come the carly is not on sale since the other two outlets in KL were on sale, the manager checked and then said that since the KL outlets are giving 30% discount, then she will give me 30% discount too!! YIPPIE!!! The price in KLIA is a bit cheaper than the KL branches as it is supposed to be tax free in air port but still not as cheap as in USA but after the 30% discount its about the same price..... So I am really tempted to get it!! But they don't have the brown one that I wanted.... They only have the bigger size one... However I prefer the smaller size and after much consideration, I likey the white one too... cause I already have quite a few bags in brown.... hence the white one will be nice to match my bajus when I need a white bag!! My only concern is that it will get dirty easily!! But I just lovey the carly too much so I decided to just get the white one..... and and and my dearie, sweetie, most handsome honeydrew pays for it =D *Most likely because he is too guilty for not eating my cupcakes* But anyhow.... Thank you my love..... MUACKS..... Am so happy =D Got new bag to use in Taiwan =D *hehe* This is why I say it started perfectly!! *kaka*



My lovely Carly Optic =D Oh and see I put the key chain to accessorize it =D Quickly changed my bag before I even board the flight *hearts*




Ok back to Taiwan!! One thing about flights from KL to Taipei is that all their flights are in the afternoon no matter what airline you take. And flights from Taipei to KL are all in the morning!! So not worth it lar cause the day you arrive and the day u leave the city, you basically can't do anything but you have to pay for that two nights accommodation..... So my 7 days 6 nights holiday is actually 5 days 6 nights to be more precise!! Anyhow, beside the point, I had a great time in Taiwan =D and also able to have my fatty honeydrew all to myself =D



Arrived at Taipei at about 6.30pm and by the time we reached our hotel it was 8pm. We stayed at TS Hotel which is at Xi Men Ding and its only 3 minutes walk to the Ximen MTR. Veryyyy convenient!! Besides that, it is cheap, clean and spacious enough for the two of us plus their front desk staffs are really helpful!! =D Actually people in Taiwan are generally very helpful and friendly!!


So after we checked in, we went to walk around Xi Men Ding and also looked for Ah Zhong Mian Xian. We had quite a tough time finding the place even though I have searched for directions from the internet. We found all the landmarks but just not the shop. Worse is when we asked the people there, everyone pointed us to a different wrong place.... We even contemplated that Ah Zhong Mian Xian is actually just a myth that everyone praise and talks about!! *HAHA* Some more I told my Honeydrew cannot be because I saw Cheesie eating there from her blog when she went to Taiwan!! However, eventually we did find it!!


Ah Zhong Mian Xian is a popular place not just for tourist but also the locals. The shop has been around since 1975. It's actually mee suah in a thick gravy soup and you add their special chilli sauce into the mee suah as much as you want! Unlike the Taiwan stall at the link from Mid Valley to The Gardens, Ah Zhong Mian Xian doesn't have oysters in it. My opinion of it?? It's yummy but not crazily yummy!! *haha* Maybe my expectation on it was too high because I read too much hype about it!! But it was still good....





Me finishing my bowl of Mian Xian.... =P~



Since I put quite a lot of chillies for mine (cause it taste nicer with more chillies) I was having running nose when I am done!! Also cause the bowl of mian xian is really hot!! So we had our first black pearl tea!! *hearts* I lovey their pearl tea but due to me being lactose intolerant, I can only drink it when I know I am going back to the hotel when I need to =D Anyhow, their bubble tea shop has a whole long list of the types of bubble tea and my understanding on chinese words being very limited, I rely on honeydrew for translation most of the time!!



We also walked around Xi Men Ding to try their other snacks.



This is "Da Chiang Bao Xiao Chiang" which means big sausage wrapped around small sausage. It is actually glutinous rice in the shape of a sausage and you can cut the sausage shapped rice to put a sausage inside... Just think Mos burger where the rice replace the bun but this is a Mos Hot Dog instead.


Me didn't know that I need to wrap the big sausage with the small sausage so I actually ate the small sausage first and then realised that the big sausage is actually rice!! *hehe* So I have to eat it plain just like that!!




Some grilled beef wrapped around some veges and golden mushrooms... It smells nice but the meat was sooo tough that I couldn't chew it!!



Me happy with my "Zhen Zhu Nai Cha" (Black pearl tea) with Xi Men Ding at the background.


After that we went back to the hotel to rest and get ready for the next day!!




No comments: