Wednesday 25 June 2008

Taiwan Day 4: Manicure

So fast its day 4 of my Taiwan trip.... Today we skipped the hotel breakfast again to have breakfast at another popular breakfast place which is 'Yong He Dou Jiang Dian' but then when we were at the 'Yong He' Road and asked around for the shop, everyone directed us to this shop called 'Shi Jie Dou Jiang Da Wang' which means The World's King of Soya Milk!! Hence we don't know if the Yong He Dou Jiang Dian I found on the internet is referring to this soya milk shop at Yong He Road or if there is another shop really called Yong He Dou Jiang Dian!!

Anyhow, The World's King Soya Milk Shop that we found is quite packed and hence we decided to just try it. We ordered 'dou jiang + you tiao' which is a combo that goes hand in hand like salt and pepper, peanut butter and jelly or warm brownies with ice cream *hehe* You are suppose to dip your 'you tiao' (fried cruller) in a bowl of hot 'dou jiang' (soya milk) The you tiao is super good.... fluffy and crispy.... you don't taste the thick dough (which I dislike) at all!! YUMMY YUMMY!!! I wanted to order another one before we leave but Honeydrew said no.... However, the dou jiang tasted a bit burnt!! I didn't like it at all..... then when we were at the cashier counter, we were asking the guy at the counter if this is the Yong He Dou Jiang Dian and he proudly said that there can be a lot of Yong He Dou Jiang Dian as long as it is at Yong He Road but there is only one Shi Jie Dou Jiang Da Wang. Then Honeydrew wanted to tell the guy that the soya milk has a slightly burnt taste *sorta like a complaint* but the guy took it as a compliment and again proudly said that yeah only our shop can make this slightly burnt taste that's why we are so great and our soya milk is so special.... =S So we were too shy to tell him that we actually didn't like the taste..... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA


Yummy you tiao but soya milk with burnt aftertaste



Me enjoying my you tiao =D


We ordered 'dan bing' again and this one is super yummy too..... Taste much nicer than the one we had at 'Fu Hang Dou Jiang Dian' on Day 2!! Then we had 'lou bou gao' (pan fried radish cake) which I lovey as well.... I damn like the radish cake in KTZ but this is 10X nicer!! *kaka* Oh and these are not the best thing that we ordered!!!! The best thing that we ordered is the 'mi jiang' a peanut flavoured rice milk drink!!!! I tell you it is like drinking 'hua sheng wu' the peanut cream dessert which KTZ also has..... but the mi jiang is like cold creamy thick hua sheng wu...... so yummyyyyyyyyyyyy.......... I miss the mi jiang!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



dan bing



luo bou gao



my fav: mi jiang =D





After breakfast we headed to Chang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall. No prize for guessing that the monument is built in memory of Chang Kai-Shek the former president. There is also a National Concert Hall and a National Theatre at the north and south of the memorial square.




Me posing outside the National Concert Hall



Honeydrew & I





Honeydrew embarrassing me with his crazy acts at the Memorial Square in front of the Chang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall!!



Since he took so many shots I also want!! *hehe* My turn to embarrass him *keke*


The huge area of this Memorial Square actually holds a lot of open air concert and events.


Apparently there was quite a big fuss when the new president renaming the memorial hall.... and it was a controversy between the public and the government.





More pics in front of CKS Memorial




After CKS Memorial, we went for lunch at 'Chuan Wang' Beef Noodle. In 2005, during the Taipei Beef Noodles Soup Festival, Chuan Wang had the highest number of votes for the online poll of the public favourite beef noodle soup restaurants!! They are famous for their tomato base beef noodles!! Of course we ordered that but I think it was ok only!! I actually preferred the original beef noodle soup!! We also ordered a special set of dry beef noodles. Both of us didn't think the food was that great to shout about and we concluded ourselves that maybe they voted for themselves many many times that's why they won!! *haha* However I quite like the stew pork knuckles that came with the dry beef noodle set!!

Tomato base beef noodle soup



Dry beef noodle set



Me eating my beef noodles =D




After lunch it was free and easy *hehe* that's because I made appointment to do manicure and pedicure =D *hehe* Honeydrew wanted to look for hard rock cafe in Taipei as he is collecting hard rock's t-shirt for every city that he visits (so lebih and now he got soooo many bajus!!! Everytime I see him he is wearing a new shirt!! *ish*) Anyway he later found out that there is no hard rock in Taipei and he went back to the hotel to sleep as my nail palour is in Xi Men Ding =D


So, I decided to try the crystal nails as I see a lot of people having it and its sooooo pretty!!!!! Anyway I am very happy with my nails cause until now (almost 3 weeks after I have done my nails) all the crystals are still intact - only 3 fell off!! The lady said it should lasts about a month.... hence it is quite worth it lor.... plus also a lot of my colleagues and friends who saw my nails were quite fascinated by it and also praised that its nice (takan they say not nice in front of me meh!!) *hehe* Anyway I LOVEY MY NAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




My crystal nails....


Close up of my nails with flash



Close up of my nails without flash


I just took these two photos to show that my nails are still pretty even now.... and also to show off my newly glam up phone!! *hehe*


Though my nails are pretty but I can't do a lot of things!!!!! Like I can’t open a wrapper (eg: peel off a cellophane tape) My nails just can't reach the tape as it is too thin...... and sometimes its really frustrating!! Hence I can't open a new jar that have those plastic wrapped around the cover and anything similar to this situation lar!! But yes, I can still type!! *OBVIOUSLY!!* Cause a lot people asked me this question!! =)


On the other hand the pedicure is soooo not worth is as compared to what we have here cause they don't give the foot spa or massage treatment!!


Then after my 2.5 hours of manicure and pedicure, I spent another 3.5 hours at a saloon to curled my hair as well!! I know I know from the photos my hair doesn't look like it has been permed recently =(((( Seriously I don't know what is wrong with my hair lor.... last time when I first permed my hair, I permed it once and even after almost a year it is still wavy.... but the last time when I permed my hair in dec, I need to go back to the saloon another 2 times to reperm it (total I permed my hair 3 times in 2 weeks!!) and turn out it is still not curly..... So I thought maybe the saloon in Taiwan will be able to help.... it is a bit more curly now but still not as curly as I hoped to be...... WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY HAIR?? It just refuses to curl..... is it because my hair is too long and it weighs the curls down?? Hhhhmmm.... not that long also..... though its the longest I have ever been lar...... =D I want long big curls!!!!!!!!!! sighhhhhhhhhh........


Anyway I felt the day was wasted just like that but I really planned to do my nails and hair in Taiwan one..... and poor honeydrew have to be alone.... *hehe*


After I have pretty nails and beautiful hair (it was long and curly when I left the saloon) we went for dinner. We wanted to eat 'ma la huo wo' (super spicy hot pot) and hence we walked around Xi Men Ding and found this buffet hot pot place!! It was packed and again we were told to come back in half an hour’s time for a table..... I tell you it is worth the wait cause it is super YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! and super worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can eat plates and plates and plates of that beef slice.... They also have pork and lamb but my favourite is the beef!! I lose track of how many plates I ate in total =D


The food buffet line



Our first round =D

Yummy Yummy Ma La Hot Pot (We didn't put it super spicy as you can add the amount of chili you want)

The variety of food on my plate =D *Salivate thinking of it* I also love the sweet potato boiled soft in the ma la soup - I know it sounded wierd but its YUMMY!!!!


Me trying to show off my pretty nails and new hair but its too dark


Also, for some reason the restaurant is super super cold..... I guess when you started eating infront of your hot pot you feel fine but while walking to the buffet line you can feel like snow storm!!! *HAHA* It is super cold!! The aircond is on full blast and it’s like super windy when you pass by the huge air cond.... serious no joke freezing cold!! The waiters all wear a thick winter look-alike jacket!! Some customers also bring their own winter look-alike jacket!! Anyhow when you are eating in your own cubicle infront of the hot pot you will feel fine =D



Oh and you know why I say this buffet is damn worth it (besides the beef slices and all the seafood?? Cause they have 4 stalls of Haagen Dazs ice cream with a variety of flavours to choose from!! They also have another 4 stalls of Meiji ice cream - a japanese brand ice cream - my first time trying it and its super yummy!! I know Meiji chocolate is popular in japan but I have never tried their ice cream!!


The Haagen Dazs and Meiji ice cream stalls (2 stalls each upstairs and 2 stalls each downstairs.. all with different flavours)



All the different Meiji ice cream flavours =)



All the different flavours of Haagen Dazs ice cream =D



Really a very satisfying dinner!! I didn't wanna leave even though I am soooo full!!! *hehe* I wish KL got a buffet like this!! Unlike the popular Yuen Steamboat Buffet in Sunway, their food got variety but no quality.... This one got variety and got quality!!!!! =D Anyway it’s double the price of Yuen but I still think it’s worth it!!!! Will definitely go there again if I am to visit Taipei again and I will definitely bring my own winter jacket the next time!!!! =D



After dinner I was contemplating wether to go back to Wu Fen Pu to buy more clothes for my ‘business’ (those that I tried and I liked) as I didn't have much time left in Taiwan!! Honeydrew was soooo nice that he say he will go with me and also encouraged me a little to go when I am being the indecisive me cause he knows I will regret if I decided not to go!! I was told that the shops closes at 12 midnight and it was about 10pm when we finished dinner..... However, because that day was the dumpling festival, the shops closed early!!!!!!!!!!! So wasted our effort and money to go back there all the way as it was almost the last stop in the MTR line!! Sigh....... though I regretted going but was glad that honeydrew went with me and didn't blame me for making both of us go all the way back there.........

Went back to hotel disappointed *sigh*




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cindy and i did the same jump as what andrew did too at the CKS memorial hall! we did the dual shots summore. hehe, it was fun coz no one was looking. ;)

yeah, we also asked our hotel for hard rock cafe. and they bloody didnt know what we were talking at first. they closed down, hmmm.... how could a HRC close down?

Princezz T said...

yer.... monica you all xiao lang ar?? from which kampung one?? hehe Got ppl look lar I so shy some more he wanna jump so many times!! kaka