Wednesday 7 May 2008

Dawn's Visit

Dawn and I used to stay in the same hall - Clifton Hill House during my 2nd year in Bristol. She is one year my junior. Then during my third year and being a senior, priorities in the hall are given to the first year freshers. Hence we have to move out. I then decided to rent a flat with Thomas and Dawn while most of our friends wanted to go to Unite House where it is an apartment style hall. The three of use moved out and stay in a 3 room flat at All Saints Road which is very close to Sainsbury *joy*. It was great living out of the hall!! You don't have to eat the hall food everyday at fixed time.... though I kinda miss that especially during exams time. Anyway, since moving out I have improved my cooking and baking skills.... Me & Dawn took turns to cook dinner while Thomas wash the dishes and we frequently invited Val over for dinner, play Mah Jong and watch Friends (downloaded). Good o' Uni days....


You know, its true that when you start working you will miss the student life where the only thing to worry about is your exams.... though exams are really stressful but its only once a year!! If I were to go back to my 3 years of uni life, I will definitely do things differently.... For one I will want to work part time to earn some pounds!! =D I will also travel more instead of wanting to go home every christmas and summer break. During my first year, I was actually upset that my dad didn't buy me an air ticket home during the christmas break.... I went to Paris for holiday but was still upset that I couldn't go home!! I was so envious of those who were going home. Hence after that, every christmas and summer break I went home. This left only easter break for travelling.... Why am I like that?? So stupid!!!! Another thing I regretted is that I did not try harder to look for a job there after I graduate. Instead, I just wanted to go home..... My mum kept asking me to apply for jobs and I only sent in 3 applications and told her I couldn't find any job and have to go home...... sighhhhh........ why am I so bodoh....... =(((((


One more thing that I HATE HATE HATE during my Uni days is how fat and ugly I look... sigh...... you have no idea if you don't know me then..... the worse was when I was in 3rd year..... I was 58kg!! And a face full of pimples =(((((( My mum actually had a shocked when she came for my graduation!!!! I think it’s partly because of staying out and cooking and baking so often... and you know lar my cooking and baking is soooooo yummy..... sure eat more lor *haha* (need to give myself a good excuse for being fat mar). But the really weird thing is that during the fattest and ugliest time of my life in my third year, I actually started a relationship..... how ironic..... I guess I must have some inner beauty in me... *muahahahaha* (yes, yes I know self praise again). Which reminded me, do you know that my Honeydrew actually met me when I first join Sunway (and still a bit fat) during the Orientation Day.... we were in the same group some more and he didn't even notice me at all =((((( Then when I lost some weight and he saw me the second time during the company dinner, he came to say Hi and ask me for my number...... teruk!!! But then I guessed it cannot be counted like this cause he has seen more ugly side of me then anyone else (except my family members la) and he still loves me.... and yes.... the answer to my question in my "Do you still love me?" post is YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He still loves me!!!! =D However, we have to figure out how to make this LDR works...... sigh.... LDR is soooo susah......



OK anyway back to Dawn. She came to KL last weekend..... coincidentally Thomas, Vivian and Justine was also back.....


Had dinner at Alexis, BSC. The wine was good, food was great, desserts were even better and the best of all is the gathering..... Dawn actually came with her friend, Elaine and Elaine's friends came for dinner as well. We were joking that the table was divided into UK and Australia *haha* Cause one side of the table all of us studied in Bristol and Calvin in Sheffield and the other side Elaine and her friends studied in Australia.

Clockwise - Me, Val, HF, Dawn (my clubbing kakis in Bristol)

Me & Calvin

The UK side of the table


The food was excellent!! The four of us girls shared our food and the rest all ordered individually

The first photo is the wild mushroom risotto though it doesn't look nice but it tasted great!! Really yummy…. My first time ordering it and definitely won't be my last. Next to it is the garlic scampi pizza with rockets leaf on top which is one of my fav pizza in Alexis. The other pizza that I like is the seafood one. Second row is the Carbonara penne, I prefer the pasta in spaghetti though. Next to it is the roast duck. For desserts, as usual we had Tiramisu (Alexis is my fav place for tiramisu ). We also shared a Black and White cake which was really really good as well...


After dinner we went to Steven's house who has Wii and a Pool table =) I prefer the pool table at Val's house though cause the balls and holes are bigger and Steven's pool table is more like a mini snooker table which makes it difficult for me to hit my ball straight =P *Cannot hit straight meh blame the table lor*

Thomas challenging me to a game of tennis which of course I won but not with glory cause my controller seems a bit cacat and the TV was a bit small.... *hehe* I could have easily trashed him with my power serve!!!! *kaka*



A group photo of everyone except HF who left after dinner



Then the next day, Val brought Dawn for dim sum and then to the FJ Benjamin Sales in Bangsar Village. They then shopped around in BV and I joined them after work and a short nap *hehe tired lar from the night before and charged up myself for the night ahead* Anyway we had tea at Delicious.


We ordered the tea set for 2 but shared among the four of us. The set comes with fresh strawberries, scones, cheese biscuits to dip with fresh cream, strawberry and chocolate sauce. You can also choose any cake of your choice and obviously we choose banofee pie. The set also comes with some savoury snacks like sandwiches and duck confit which tasted quite good. Not to forget it also included tea of your choice for two. The whole set is RM59.90 ++ which the four of us couldn’t even finish!


My scones with fresh cream and strawberry sauce and Dawn's with chocolate sauce. Yumz...






For dinner, we brought Dawn to Nong & Jimmy. We ate so much!! We ordered the mini "yau char kuay" dip with kaya, claypot seafood tom yum, steam fish x2, mango kerabu, prawn cakes, grilled crabs, sotong, fried rice and 2 types of vege. Why steam fish x2?? The fish was so good that Yu Lin wants to order another one. The fish was steam with some really spicy and sourish soup like gravy.... don't know what it’s called but it was damn good. Plus everything was so fresh! The bill came out to about RM280 including drinks.









Then after the sumptuous dinner, we went back to Val's place to dress up and head off to Sky Bar.

My dress nice or not?? My sis bought for me in Spain - Zara during sales and its only 10 euros! =)



Anyone got any idea what setting to use to take night shots?? The photos were either too bright and can't see the night scenery at the back or too dark and can't see our face. Or its too red or too shaky or too whatever that is far from a decent shot lar.... I don't know what setting to use lar..... helppppppp…….


All the girls from L-R: Justine, Vivian, HF, Me, Val, Dawn and Jo


Vivian just reminded that we were actually the bunch that went to Ibiza together after our finals and that's like 5 freaking years ago!!! How time flies.... We had such a great time there and all we did were sun bathe or laze by the beach in the afternoon and sip sangria and club at night! Viv even suggested that we should do a reunion trip next year to Greece!! Woo hooo….. Everyone agreed but no one dares to commit!!! sigh.... you see this is another thing I missed about being a student... YOU DON'T HAVE TO TAKE LEAVE!!!!!!!! ish!!!!!!!!!!




We then continued at a mamak @ Bangsar til 4.30am =) Reminisce of our good old days.... =)

No comments: