Monday 12 May 2008

I heart PINK!!

Yippie Yeay! Yippie Yo! My dream of wanting to paint my room pink finally came true. I have been toying with that idea for a long long time and have asked my Honeydrew numerous times if he would want to do it for me...... but I just never came about doing it. The very thought of packing up my room and shifting the furniture out of my room stop me from dreaming......

However, recently when my dad had some contractors in to do some minor renovation in the house, the idea suddenly came out again. But when I asked my dad, he said that they are removing the top part of the built in cabinet in my room to make way for plaster ceiling in the future (My built in cabinet is from the wall to the ceiling and divided into top and bottom). Anyway they are only going to paint that part of the wall that is affected. So he said not this time round!! =(

However, when my mum told me that they are going to paint my room the next day so I have to wake up early (coincidentally it’s a public holiday - 1st May) and when I entered my room, I discovered that they have actually painted some base coat or whatever at all the corners of the wall in my room. So I asked my mum if they are painting the whole room. My mum went in and saw and said that it looks like they are going to paint the whole room! I was sooooooooooo happy to hear that!! =D Hence I asked my dad if I could paint my room pink instead since they are painting the whole room anyway and my dad said ok!! YEAY!!!!!!!!!!! My mum then asked the contractor for the paint sample booklet for me to choose the colour I wanted. =) Then in one night my mum helped me to put everything in boxes and also bring some of my stuff (all the loose items) to the spare room. We left the big furniture like bed and tables there as they will cover it with some big plastic or something.

I actually wanted the wall behind my bed to be painted in fuchsia kind of darker brighter pink and the rest of the wall in baby pink. My mum told the contractor and he agreed. THEN..... I suddenly got a phone call from my mum while I was at work. She told me that instead of the dark pink that I have chosen, he bought the wrong colour code and painted the wall behind my bed lilac!!!!!!!! WHAT!!!???!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO I don't want lilac!!!! Hence in the end I don't have a choice but to ask him to paint my whole room in one colour - baby pink. Actually it’s much darker than the baby pink I thought it was at the sample booklet. Anyway..... it’s still pink although not how I wanted it to be but I am still happy with my pink room. =D

Worse of all is the contractor pandai pandai painted my bathroom lilac!! He said since he bought the paint already so he HELP me paint my bathroom with it lor!!! BUT excuse meeeeeeeeeee, do you know my bathroom tiles are brownish yellowish and purple and yellow doesn't go together ok!! It clashes with a big BANG BANG BANG!! "zhoang dou bang bang seng"!!!!!! ISH ISH ISH. And I have no choice but to live with it as it was their last day of work (painting works are usually the last part of the job) and since it is a last minute change, they actually came back another day to paint my room as he needed time to buy the paint!!!

ISHHHHHHHHH but never mind lar...... I still have a pink room =D

My room is in a super mess now!! It's like I have just moved in!! Lotsa boxes in the middle of the room waiting for me to unpack. Packing (dumping everything into boxes) is so much easier than unpacking (putting everything nicely to where it belongs)!! My table is full of everything..... Didn't have much time to unpacked and tidy my room as the weekend before this, Dawn was here and I was out the whole weekend and during weekdays, I just couldn't be bothered to unpack after work! =P Plus I was also sick due to lack of sleep. Had sore throat and blocked nose!! I started some unpacking last weekend but I am only one third done. As Sunday was also Mother's Day and I went furniture hunting with my mum =) I want to revamp my room!!!! hehe To match my new pink wall!! =) But I don't wanna spend too much on it too cause my mum keep telling me not to! She said I won’t be staying here for long and it is not my own house (meaning I will move out when I get married or if my parents don’t want me anymore). But I am not getting married anytime soon!! At least not in the next two to three years!! And I think they still want me too…… But my argument is that when I have my own place or when I get married, I don’t think I want my room to be pink lor!! I am sure my then husband won’t be too pleased with that!!

Anyway after much thought I have decided not to change those big furniture like bed, desk and cupboard (anyway my cupboard is built in, also can't be changed that easily and if I buy I will need one as big as my current one to fit everything) =P Better buy when I have my own place at least it is worth the investment! So I am only buying stuff here and there to decorate my room pink and I bought 2 pink bed side table and 2 pink shelves =DDDDDDDD It is of the same shade as my wall =DDDDD *happy*. I am still a long way to getting my room done but I need to make it tidy before end of the month because my sis will be back!! =)

So when I am done I will show you my room =) but of course don't expect it to look anything like xia xue's cause she is just tooooo organised!! I don't think I will ever achieve that lor.... =( and everything of hers is pink!!!!! *envy* And also I don't wanna spend too much lar...... so will still be using most my existing furniture which are boring brown =(

Do you know I went to soooo many furniture shop and all the furniture are soooooo bloody expensive??? One stupid pink sofa for kids that's soooo cute cost like RM1,500!!!!! And one bloody pink swivel chair for the desk is like RM300 and above!! ish ish ish...... And I saw this whole set of princess furniture set for girls with everything in pink!! Pink single bed, computer table, shelf, cupboard and a chair and it bloody cost RM5k for the whole set!!! *faints*

Anyway here is a photo of one corner of my room that does not look messy because I pushed everything to the other side to take a photo.... *hehe*



Btw, I am taking that sofa out of my room to make place for my new pink shelves *yippie* and I am planning to put a rug and big cushions next to the shelves for reading..... since “Love Me Beary Much” (the name of my big bear) is constantly sitting on that sofa, I don't have a place to sit.... so now Love Me Beary Much and sit on the rug with me!! (when I tidy up my room and buy that rug!) Oh, I have also removed all the bouquets of dry flowers which I used to put on that corner behind the sofa previously. Now I will just store it in boxes lar as I don't have the heart to throw it all away but its taking up a lot of space in my room!! All the flowers here easily costs more than RM1,500 in total!! (Can buy that stupid but super cute pink sofa dy!!) So now I realised that flowers are really a waste of money...... though it’s really nice receiving it!! =D






Talking about PINK, I have another pink thing that is super pretty =)
A pink keyboard!! =DDDDDDDDDDDDD



It's made from silicon and I am currently using it in office =D Its water proof, dust proof, heat proof and don’t know what else it can be proof of...... and its flat and foldable.......




See it matches my nail colour =D

4 comments:

It's Me said...

need to be so pink meh? siao arr u..

Princezz T said...

amanda, yeahlor... i am crazy about anything and everything pink! =P

Anonymous said...

im a pink pink girl...
in a pink pink world...

Princezz T said...

monica.... haha yeah yeah....
now I am known as the pink lady in the office!! Everyone is fascinated with my keyboard!! =P